The Adventures of Jeremiah and Breanna

2 people in love + 1 cute litte boy + 2 hilarious and adorable pups = nonstop action and adventure







February 23, 2010

Lost and then found...

After a long and exhausting experience, my engagement ring has finally arrived! Hooray! We found the ring at a jeweler in Pennsylvania back in December but it orginally had a sapphire as the center stone. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE sapphire's, but I was really hoping for a green amethyst as the center stone. I love green amethysts because their color reminds me of 2 of my most favorite things... the ocean and the forest! Green amethysts also have great meaning. When I was researching the stone I found out that "green is one of the colors of the heart, but also color of Nature, consecration and concentrations. The green color helps in relieving tensions and irritation ( and heaven knows I could use help with both). It symbolizes self-respect and well-being. It is the foundation both for the heart and for the mind. It promotes balance and harmony. The green amethyst can help in accomplishing healthy relationships."

So aside from all of that cool stuff, the color is stunning. It took the jeweler a couple of months to locate someone who could cut a green amethyst to fit into the center, but it was well worth the wait. Also, on the ride over here to Washington, the ring was lost. It was shipped express overnight through the US Postal service on Tuesday, the 16th, but nobody could locate it until Monday, the 22nd... needless to say Jeremiah and I were sick with worry, but it eventually found it's way over here. That crazy winter weather that hit the East Coast had something to do with slowing it down. We are just glad that it's here and that it looks just as pretty as the picture. My fiance is so good to me. I love him so much and I know that I am one lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment